November 15, 2016

READING NOTES: RUSSIAN FOLKTALES (PART A)

Photo Credits: Photo

The Dead Mother: Although it is sad… I like this story line with the father who doesn’t know how to take care of the baby when its mother died. I could write in the perspective of the mother, the father or the old lady he hired to take care of the baby. Interesting that someone was sneaking in at night and taking care of the baby. So sad that the baby died.

The Treasure: Sad that no one would help the old man. Even the pope! All because he didn’t have the money. Funny how people will do anything for money. That is the problem with having a human posing to be holy and of God. I like how he got stuck as a goat and that he was punished for stealing and deceiving.

The Bad Wife: She just seems like she is not a nice lady. It would be interesting to do the story from either the perspective of the wife or the perspective of the husband. I could just write about a healer and how they went house to house to help heal people.

The Three Copecks: The orphan worked so hard for years to make only enough to buy a kitten. Sad that this man took advantage of him. I could write in the perspective of the orphan or the man who tried to steal from him.

The Miser: I could write this story in the perspective of the stingy man who faked his death or I could write from the perspective of the poor man.

The Water Snake: I like this story line but I am not sure how I would change it into something that is realistic. It is sad that the mother killer her husband and the father to her children. I wonder why she did that after she said she was so happy.

Friday: I am not sure how I would change this into a story.

Wednesday: This is an interesting story. I could write from the perspective of the lady who asked Wednesday to wake her up.

The Leshy: I like this story. It has a cool storyline I think it would make for a good story. I could write in the perspective of the hunter with his dog who found the girl who was stolen. I think this would be a good story for me to write.

Dnieper, Volga, and Dvina: Interesting that this was how rapids were created. I’m not sure if I want to use this story though.

Emilian the Fool: I am not really sure that I understand this story. I don’t think I could write a good story about this.






Bibliography:  Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston (1887).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie! If you didn't get this done for Monday, that's not a problem; you can declare it for the Tuesday reading, no problem.

    ReplyDelete