November 6, 2016

READING NOTES: FAERIE QUEEN (PART B)

Photo Credits: Pexels


Reading B:

The Enchanted Chamber
It seems like this guy is some sort of magician. I wonder what his purpose is. I could write about his magic tricks in the form of a poem. I could make this part a dream so that magic makes sense. I really like the idea of writing about reality and then having a dream put in there too. It reminds me of the Christmas movie where they all come out of her skirt.

 A Wicked Enchanter
This part is so dramatic. I think writing from the perspective of the woman who was his prisoner. I think I could make it very dramatic and have a lot of detail. It would interesting to tell the story of why the two left them behind. 

Strange Meetings
This also reminds me of Mulan a little bit because she pretends to be a man and ends up falling in love. I think it’s a weird thing that they fell in love but this story is different because she was in love and then sought him out by becoming a knight. Interesting that he would listen to what his enemies had to say and believe them so quickly. 

The Golden Girdle
I think it is interesting that women were allowed to fight and that they were not looked down upon for wanting to fight. I don’t think I like this part enough to write a story on it.

The False Florimell
I could write from the perspective of the girl who won the contest. I like how she didn’t know it was him and fought him. 

The House of Care
I like the descriptions that would go with the little cottage on the side of the hill with the blacksmith working hard by himself. 

Two Knights
I like this part. I could write from the perspective of Brit. It would be a very dramatic scene.

How Britomart Ended her Quest
I think this would be a cool part to write about. Seeing the person you love after trying to search for them for such a long time. Also realizing that you almost killed them would be intense.




Bibliography: Stories from the Faerie Queene by Mary Macleod

No comments:

Post a Comment