November 30, 2016

READING NOTES: BROTHERS GRIMM (CRANE) - PART B

Photo Credits: Free Stock Photos
 


The Six Swans: I could write in the perspective of the King going through the woods without thinking about the people who were supposed to be with him and then finding himself alone. I could write in the perspective of the little girl who was the only one not turned into a bird.

The Six Swans (cont.) This is such a cool setup. I could change some things to make it seem more realistic and it could be a really cool story. I could write from the perspective of the huntsman who brings the girl back to the king.

The Six Swans (end) I think this would be a col story to write. I am not sure how to change it so that there isn’t any magic in it but I think it probably could be done. I think this story has a really good story line. I could write from the perspective of the girl, the second king or one of the brothers. Maybe they could be slaves or something, hiding their identity so that their step mother wouldn’t kill them. Kind of like in game of thrones.

King Thrushbeard: I like how she had to learn her lesson. It might be a little harsh. I was kind of hoping that the beggar would actually be a really nice guy that she falls in love with and becomes a nice lady herself. Maybe I could write that story.

King Thrushbeard (cont.): This is sad that she was doing so well (even though it was only because she was pretty). It is always the drunk guys that mess everything up. Usually they just spill your drink but knocking over your livelihood wouldn’t be so great either. Wow I guessed it. He was a little harsh but I guess that it worked out and now she is a little less shallow.

The Three Spinsters: Poor girl thrown under the bus by her mother. But I am glad that she was able to get out of it when they married because he didn’t want her to be ugly like her cousins… What a nice guy…

Snow-White: Wow they definitely left that part out in the Disney version of the queen eating snow white’s heart. How creepy! I could write from the perspective of the huntsman.

Snow-White (cont.) Interesting that she killed her using lace and not the apple.

Snow-White (cont. again) And that she lived and let another woman kill her again but by using the brush. Oh now she makes the apple, I see.

Snow-White (end) I am not sure I understand the last part of her dying. Love this story but I am not sure how I would change it.


Bibliography: Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm, translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane (1886).

No comments:

Post a Comment