October 10, 2016

WEEK 8 REFLECTIONS


Photo Credits: Ed Gregory


My favorite types of stories to read are ones that are one or two cohesive stories. I liked to read stories that had a more detailed plot or storyline. Recently I have chosen stories that were shorter and ones without a lot of character building. They were less interesting to me and were harder for me to come up with alternate storylines. I read mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays. If I have enough time on Mondays, I read the whole story. I am always able to find a piece of the story that I find interesting enough to create into a story.

I have found that I like to tell stories that have some element of romance in it. This doesn’t surprise me too much seeing as those are the stories I like to read in my free time. I have found that it is hard to come back out of writing mode and into author’s note mode. I feel like I should stay in character. I am happy with the stories I have told so far. I like writing and it seems that most people like the stories as well. I think I am happy with my choice of doing a storybook. So far so good! I’m excited to connect all of the stories together as I continue this semester.

I think I need to work on stepping into the mind of the person I’m writing about. Figuring out what it was like to be that person at that time. It can sometimes be hard to figure it out when I haven’t studied the time period.

When I look at other people’s work, I admire their attention to detail. I also admire when they are so creative in taking a story and changing it into something so completely different. I would like to stay away from huge paragraphs and stories told from a bird’s eye view with hardly any details.

No comments:

Post a Comment