October 3, 2016

READING NOTES: THE CRIMSON FAIRY BOOK (READING A)

Photo Credits: Stolz Gary M

READING A:

Motikatika:
Love this setting: they lived in a little hut surrounded by grass and flowers. Interesting that they were so happy and that he doesn’t seem overjoyed that she finally feels better. It shouldn’t be about getting even. Also strange that the woman would offer her own child. Usually there is some sort of protection instinct that mothers have for their children. Why wasn’t the child mentioned in the beginning? I could tell the story in the perspective of the woman or the man.

Motikatika (cont.):
I wonder if he has a nickname. It seems like his mother is happy to give him to the ogre to be eaten. This little boy has good ears it seems. What a creepy family. They don’t seem to care much if the other dies. I guess it is the mother’s fault to begin with.

Jackal and Spring:
I could write another poem about this. It would be about the various tricks the jackal played.

Adventures of a Jackal:
I could rewrite this story as if it were people instead of animals. 

Adventures of a Jackal (cont.):
I could write a story from the perspective of the old man who gave the advice. Not having a tail really gives him away. I could write in the perspective of the hedgehog.

Adventures of a Jackal (end):
I was not expecting that ending. It is weird that the greyhound waiting until the end to kill him. 

Adventures of Jackal's Eldest Son:
I could write as though the jackal is a human and that the other animals were his friends. 

Adventures of Jackal's Eldest Son (cont.):
I could write in the perspective of the woman who made the butter. What an evil hedgehog. Now he will never find where the butter is.

Adventures of Younger Son of Jackal:
I could tell the story in the perspective of the sheep.





The Crimson Fairy Book by Andrew Lang and illustrated by H. J. Ford (1903).

No comments:

Post a Comment