October 31, 2016

READING NOTES: KING ARTHUR: TALES OF THE ROUND TABLE (PART A)

Photo Credits: Pixabay 



Reading Notes (Part A):

The Drawing of the Sword
Okay … I had no idea the TV show Merlin was based off of these stories! My brother and I would watch them all the time and bonded over it. I’m not sure if I could come relatively close to topping that retelling of the story.

 The Questing Beast
I wonder if he has a sister named Morgana in this story. Interesting… In Merlin, Guenevere is a common girl and not a princess. I like how he changes from a man to a boy and back kind of like what he does in Merlin. That was always hilarious the way he talked as the old man. I don’t think I would want to know my death. It would freak me out.

The Sword Excalibur
I love the idea of healers. I would love to know the uses for different plants. I could write about the lady of the lake. I could write in the perspective of Guenevere. I really enjoyed their love story in the TV show so I could work off of that in some ways. Whenever someone says coronation I always think of the movie Frozen. I could write from the perspective of Tor.

The Passing of Merlin
I like the idea of Merlin falling in love with a damsel of the lake. If there is more about her or why she's evil I could write about her. 

How Morgan le Fay Tried to Kill King Arthur
I could write in the perspective of Morgan le Fay. Wow she is super evil and just as evil as the TV show.

The Quest of the Holy Graal
The King’s Pilgrimage
 I could write from the perspective of Gwain, the youth that accompanied King Arthur on his trip.

The Coming of the Holy Graal
I could write the story from the perspective of the king being so happy and then so sad about seeing the Holy Graal. 


Bibliography:  King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table by Andrew Lang and illustrated by H. J. Ford (1902)

No comments:

Post a Comment